Ecocert

If you are reading this, we know you care about making informed choices on what you buy and how you live.  We do too.

Unfortunately, many manufacturers are well aware of this and some have created products that they claim are ‘natural and/or organic’, yet still contain one or more harmful chemicals. We caution people to be wary of any company that labels itself organic without explaining exactly what they mean: companies can label their goods organic if they contain only a small percentage of organic ingredients.

That’s why ‘organic’ alone was not good enough for us.  We chose to be certified by ECOCERT because their requirements are extremely demanding and offer transparency and traceability from the farm to the finished product, and even cover what we say on our labels.

ECOCERT conducts inspections in over 80 countries, making it one of the largest organic certification organisations in the world.  This means that we follow strict production standards for sourcing, storage, processing, packaging and shipping.  It includes avoiding most synthetic chemical inputs, keeping detailed written production and sales records, maintaining strict physical separation of organic products from non-certified products and undergoing periodic on-site inspections.

When you purchase an ECOCERT certified product, you can expect the following:

Pesticide and herbicide free organic ingredients. Impaired skin requires the purest form of ingredients to ensure safe and speedy recovery.

Cold-pressed organic oils.  The cold-pressed extraction process ensures nutrients and properties of these organic oils stay unadulterated.

Organic actives free of harmful solvents and preservatives that can compromise the skin's healing process.

Certified products and the facilities where the products are manufactured are rigorously audited by ECOCERT twice a year.  This gives you the assurance that compliances of standards prescribed by ECOCERT are enforces at all time. Especially given that Buds has the largest range of ECOCERT certified organic baby care in the world.

Most importantly, ECOCERT strictly requires that 95% of the ingredient used in any product be of natural origin and have extremely strict restrictions on what is allowed in the remaining 5%.  Also, for a product to be certified organic, 95% of the plant ingredients must be of certified organic origin AND a minimum of 10% of the total product must be organic.  In other words, while a product that is 90% water and 10% organic actives would be classified as 100% organic by other certifying bodies, ECOCERT would only class such product as 10% organic.

This is why in all of Buds packaging you can expect to find the following statements :

  • percentage of the total ingredients from Natural Origin

  • percentage of the total ingredients are from Organic Farming

  • percentage of the plant ingredients are from Organic Farming

These are the kind of honest transparency that us, as a parent (or parent to-be) deserve to know in making informed decision about what products to use on our precious babes.  Anything less will be a compromise. 

Watch the Ecocert video.